Skip to content

Planning (town and country)

The local authority decides on the use to which local land can be put in accordance with their economic, planning and environmental strategies. Any proposals for change in use of land have to be approved by the local planning department.


  • Housing and Economic Development Needs Assessment (HEDNA)

    The Leicester and Leicestershire local authorities and the Local Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) commissioned a Housing and Economic Development Needs Assessment (HEDNA) to assess future housing needs, the scale of future economic growth and the quantity of land and floorspace required for B-class economic development uses between 2011 and 2031/36.

  • Planning Application Guide

    A guide to the planning process, including whether or not you need planning permission, information about how to apply, details of the decision making process, what happens after a decision is made by planning committee and information about building regulations.

Back to top