The welfare of an animal includes its physical and mental state and we consider that good animal welfare implies both fitness and a sense of well-being. We believe that an animals welfare should be considered in terms of 'FIVE NEEDS':
1. The need for a suitable environment
2. The need for a suitable diet
3. the need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns
4. The need it has to be housed with, or apart from, other animals
5. The need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The RSPCA has more information about dog ownership.
Last updated: Mon 31 July, 2017 @ 14:10