Skip to content

Our Customer Services team is currently very busy helping residents with their newly received bills and statements. If you need help or have questions we recommend you visit our advice page.

Council tenancies

A local authority will provide existing tenants with advice and assistance on matters such as rents, transfers, mutual exchanges and general matters relating to tenancy. This may also include advocacy where necessary.


  • Domestic abuse

    Information about North West Leicestershire District Council's approach to domestic abuse

  • Housing advice

    Looking for a new home? Don't know where to turn for support if you're having problems? We can help.

  • Introductory tenancies

    North West Leicestershire District Council gives all new tenants a trial period to show that they can keep to a tenancy agreement, look after their home and not be a nuisance to neighbours. This period is called an introductory tenancy. Find out more.

  • Support schemes for tenants

    This page provides information on schemes that are available to support people in their home.

  • Tenancy support

    A service provided by the Housing Management department which gives opportunity for the Council's most vulnerable tenants to have access to intensive support for a short period of time.

  • Tenant handbook

    Your tenant handbook deals with all aspects of the tenancy and is issued to all new tenants at sign-up.

  • Your responsibilities

    Information about your responsibilities as a North West Leicestershire District Council tenant

Back to top