The local authority prepares local plans to address conservation and development issues and set out policies on these matters. Local plans provide the basis for making decisions on planning applications.
- 5 Year Housing Land Supply
A summary of the Council's latest estimation of it's 5 Year Housing Land Supply
- Ashby de la Zouch Neighbourhood Plan
Information on the Ashby de la Zouch Neighbourhood Plan
- Blackfordby Neighbourhood Plan
Further information about Blackfordby Neighbourhood Plan
- Brownfield Land Register
The council is required to prepare a Brownfield Land Register.
- Brownfield Land Register - Previous Editions
Copy of Brownfield Land Register - December 2017 and December 2018
- Draft Limits to Development
This page contains the consultation materials for an informal consultation with Parish and Town Councils, Neighbourhood Planning Groups, on the draft Limits to Development as part of the preparation of the new Local Plan
- Draft Town Centre Boundaries
We are currently holding an informal consultation with all Parish and Town Councils, Neighbourhood Planning Groups and Town Teams on the draft Town Centre Boundaries that will feed into the preparation of the new Local Plan.
- Ellistown and Battleflat Neighbourhood Plan
Further information about Ellistown and Battleflat Neighbourhood Plan
- Examination Library
Library of documents relating to the Local Plan Partial review consultation
- Examination News
Latest news on the Local Plan Partial Review Examination
- Good Design Supplementary Planning Document
Good Design Supplementary Planning Document detailing the urban design requirements for developments within the district.
- Gypsy and Traveller Site Identification
Work undertaken on identification of sites for Gypsies and Travellers.
- Gypsy and Traveller Site Identification - Previous Stages
Previous stages in the identification of potential Gypsy and Traveller Sites.
- Hearing Statements
Details of Hearing Statements produced for the Local Plan Partial Review examination
- Housing and Economic Development Needs Assessment (HEDNA)
The Leicester and Leicestershire local authorities and the Local Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) commissioned a Housing and Economic Development Needs Assessment (HEDNA) to assess future housing needs, the scale of future economic growth and the quantity of land and floorspace required for B-class economic development uses between 2011 and 2031/36.
- Hugglescote and Donington le Heath Neighbourhood Plan
Further information about the Hugglescote and Donington le Heath Neighbourhood Plan
- Local Plan - previous consultations
Information about consultations held on the development of the North West Leicestershire Local Plan.
- Local Plan 1991 to 2006
The North West Leicestershire Local Plan from 1991 to 2006 including saved Policies.
- Local Plan 2011-2031
The North West Leicestershire adopted Local Plan 2011-2031. Local Plan Policies Map. Adoption Statement. Sustainability Appraisal.
- Local Plan Examination
Information on the examination into the North West Leicestershire Local Plan.
- Local Plan Proposed Modifications Consultation
Information for residents and other stakeholders on the Proposed Modifications to the Local Plan and how they can have their say.
- Local Plan Review - Evidence Base
A list of all the documents that comprise the evidence base for the Local Plan revview.
- Local plan review - progress so far
Explanation of what progress has been made on undertaking the Local Plan Review
- Local Plan Substantive Review
A wider ranging review of the adopted Local Plan taking into account changes that have occurred since adoption, including the publication of a new National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). It will also identify potential employment sites to meet the identified need, which was not addressed through the adopted Local Plan, as well as dealing with any issues arising from Leicester City Council's declaration of an unmet housing need.
- Minerals and Waste Local Plan for Leicestershire
Link to Leicestershire County Council's webpage for the Minerals and Waste Local Plan for Leicestershire
- Modifications Consultation Responses
Local Plan Main Modifications Consultation responses.
- Partial Review Examination
The webpages relating to the Local Plan Partial Review Examination
- Partial Review Pre-submission consultation
Focusing solely on amending Policy S1 of the adopted Local Plan.
- Previous Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessments
Previously published housing and economic land availability assessments (SHELAAs, SHLAAs and ELAAs)
- Stages of Preparation of the Local Plan 2011-2031
The stages of Preparation of the Local Plan 2011-2031.
- Statement of Community Involvement
Adopted a Statement of Community Involvement (SCI).
- Strategic Growth Plan Leicester and Leicestershire
Leicester and Leicestershire Strategic Growth Plan
- Submission Local Plan
Details of the Submission of the Council's Local Plan
- Submit a Site
Submit a site for our Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment and Brownfield Land Register.
- Sustainability Appraisal
Sustainability Appraisal (SA) (incorporating Equality Impact Assessment and Health Impact Assessment) of the North West Leicestershire (NWL) Local Plan Review.