Development Control is responsible for the determination and monitoring of planning applications, and other associated applications (listed building consent, advertisement consent etc) submitted to the Council under the Planning Acts.
- Apiary Gate & Clapgun Street Article 4 Direction
Public consultation on an Article 4 Direction regarding Apiary Gate and Clapgun Street
- Applying for planning permission
Information on how to apply for planning permission
- Building new affordable homes
Building New Affordable Homes. The Council has a role in ensuring that the right type of homes are built for poeple wanting to live in North West Leicestershire. This responsibility is often reffered to as an 'enabling' role. The Council does not actually build housing, rather we work with Social Housing Providers (Housing Associations) and house builders to 'enable' new homes to be built.
- Castle Donington conservation area: Draft character appraisal and boundary review
Public consultation regarding the draft character appraisal and boundary review
- Challenging a planning decision
- Considering planning applications
- Design and access statements
Design and Access Statements - advice about completing one from North West Leicestershire District Council
- Developer Contributions / Section 106 agreements
Guidance on developer contributions and completing Section 106 agreements from North West Leicestershire District Council
- Do I need planning permission?
Do I need planning permission? Self Assessment. A page for members of the public to establish whether the works they proposed require planning permission or not.
- Good Design Supplementary Planning Document
Good Design Supplementary Planning Document detailing the urban design requirements for developments within the district.
- How we make planning decisions
A page informing members of the public how applications are assessed
- Infrastructure Funding Statement
The Infrastructure Funding Statement is a report that provides a summary of obligations the Council has secured through section 106 agreements from new developments, including off-site infrastructure works and affordable housing, within a reporting year.
- Planning and building control
Information about the planning and development (building) control services provided by North West Leicestershire District Council
- Planning and development
Information about the planning and development function at North West Leicestershire District Council
- Planning Committee
Information about how planning committee works at North West Leicestershire District Council
- Planning Committee - amendments and adjournments
- Planning Decision Notices
- Pre-Application Advice
Information about North West Leicestershire District Council's pre-application advice service.
- River Mease Special Area of Conservation
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AFFECTING DEVELOPMENTS WITHIN THE CATCHMENT AREA OF THE RIVER MEASE
- Speaking at Planning Committee
Information on how to register to speak at Planning Committee meetings of North West Leicestershire District Council.
- What happens at a Planning Committee meeting?
- What happens before Planning Committee meets?
Information about what happens before Planning Committee meets