Family support

The Secretary of State for Education and Skills, through the Safeguarding Children and Supporting Families Grants Scheme (section 64 of the Health Services and Public Health Act 1968 as amended), has power to make grants to voluntary organisations in England whose activities support the DfES's policy priorities for children's social care. Grants may be paid for up to three years. LAs do not administer these grants, but may choose to provide information on them via their website. In Scotland similar grants may be provided under the National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978.


  • Adapting homes

    An adaptation is a change to a person’s home which makes it easier to live in.

  • Disabled facilities grants

    Information about disabled facilities grants from North West Leicestershire District Council.