There are some people who are not eligible or do not qualify to be included on the housing register. These are
- people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
- people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
- people (including members of their household) whose behaviour makes them unsuitable to be a tenant
- Certain home seekers with the financial means to meet their own housing need
- Home seekers who lack the mental capacity to enter into and sustain a tenancy agreement
- Home seekers from outside the sub-region – other than in exceptional circumstances, home seekers from outside the sub-region who have no local connection to any of the seven partner local authorities within the sub-region, and who are not existing tenants of a social housing provider, will not qualify for social housing.
For more detailed information contact Housing Choices Team
- Housing advice
Looking for a new home? Don't know where to turn for support if you're having problems? We can help.
- Housing applications
Information about applying for a Council or Housing Association home in North West Leicestershire
- Affordable homes in rural communities
Information about affordable Homes in Rural Parts of North West Leicestershire
- Housing Policies and Strategies
Information about the housing policies and strategies developed by us