Families will explore Coalville town centre this Christmas as they take on the town’s festive Toy Trail.
Toys will be hidden all around Coalville and North West Leicestershire District Council (NWLDC) is turning to the children of the town to track them all down.
The Christmas in Coalville Toy Trail challenges children to visit 15 shops and businesses in the town with their parents, collecting details of where each toy is hiding. Everyone who completes the trail, which runs throughout this month up until Saturday 23 December, will get a small prize when they hand their completed form in.
NWLDC and local businesses have created the toy trail to help families to explore businesses and shops in Coalville that they might have never visited before.
Businesses taking part in the Christmas in Coalville Toy Trail are:
- Market Cafe – Coalville Market Hall
- Petsworld – 6a Jackson Street
- Lloyds Bank – 20 Belvoir Road
- The Flower Garden – 12b Belvoir Road
- SP Sales & Lettings – 7 Belvoir Road
- The Cob Shop – 8a Ashby Road
- Coalville Shopmobility – Belvoir Shopping Centre
- Treat Me Nice – 20 Ashby Road
- Sugar and Ice – 24-28 Hotel Street
- Hinckley and Rugby Building Society – 3a Marlborough Square
- The Crafty Treasure House – 22 Hotel Street
- Hermitage FM – Memorial Square
- The Attic – 24 Belvoir Road
- Alma’s – 12 Jackson Street
- Coalville Library – High Street
Toy Trail entry forms are available from the participating businesses, the Council Offices and Coalville Market Hall. Families completing the trail must note down which toy is in which business. When all 15 toys have been discovered, submit the finished form either at the Council Offices in Whitwick Road on a weekday or at Coalville Market Hall on Saturdays to claim a small prize.
Each correct entry from a child aged 10 and under will also be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win a toy that been displayed for the toy trail. There will be 15 prize draw winners as every toy displayed on the trail will be given as a prize.
Councillor Alison Smith MBE, Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Community Services at North West Leicestershire District Council, said: “The Toy Trail was new to Coalville last year and a real success with all of the families that took part.
“It is also a great way of encouraging people to shop locally and discover some of the gems we have in Coalville town centre that might hold that perfect Christmas gift inside.
“This time even more toys are being hidden by our enthusiastic business owners and it’ll be a real challenge to find them all. Good luck!”