Everyone likes getting a bit dressed up for Christmas – and the businesses and market stalls in Coalville are no exception.
Sixteen businesses around the town and seven stalls at Coalville Market Hall have got into the spirit of things and have dressed for success. They have entered the Christmas in Coalville best dressed window and best dressed market stall competitions organised by North West Leicestershire District Council. The theme of the displays this year is ‘Rocking around the Christmas tree’.
Members of the public have been asked to vote for their favourite Christmas window or stall. Since the competition launched on Friday 1 December, almost 500 votes have been received from the public, and there’s still the opportunity to register your vote before the voting closes on Sunday 17 December.
Anyone can vote by visiting www.nwleics.gov.uk/bestdressedcomp, where you can view photos of all the displays and vote for your favourite. Prizes will be presented to the winning business and the winning market stall, as well as those in second and third place.
The participating businesses are:
- Birds the Confectioner – 37 Belvoir Shopping Centre
- Cash Generator – 20 Belvoir Shopping Centre
- Coalville Kitchens and Bedrooms – 89 Belvoir Road
- Coalville Shopmobility – 76 Belvoir Shopping Centre
- Hermitage FM - Memorial Square
- Hinckley and Rugby Building Society – 3a Marlborough Square
- Kat’s Antiques, Vintage and Collectables Centre – 50 High Street
- Salvation Army – 22 Belvoir Road
- Silver Fairy Design Bead and Craft Shop – The Springboard Centre, Mantle Lane
- SP Sales and Lettings – 7 Belvoir Road
- Sugar and Ice – 24-28 Hotel Street
- The Attic – 24 Belvoir Road
- The Crafty Treasure House – 22 Hotel Street
- The Flower Garden – 12b Belvoir Road
- The Springboard Centre – Mantle Lane
- Treat Me Nice – 20 Ashby Road
The participating market stalls are:
- Leigh’s Knit and Stitch
- Market Cafe
- Rock-A-Billy’s Records
- Rock-A-Billy’s Retro Vintage
- Steph’s Clothes
- Sue’s Lingerie and Jim’s Bric-A-Brac
- The Tackle Cabin
Kay Greenbank, Head of Economic Development at North West Leicestershire District Council, said: “We want to encourage people to shop locally and support our businesses, shops and stalls this Christmas.
“This competition, which is supported brilliantly across the town, gives Coalville a real festive feel and enhances the experience of shoppers right through the festive season.
“Take the chance to have a walk around the town to see the displays, do a bit of Christmas shopping, and enjoy a coffee before heading online to vote for your favourite.”