Holidays are on hold, early starts are planned and the coffee is stocked up for our customer services team as they prepare to help residents with their annual Council Tax and Business Rates bills, new year Housing Benefit and Council Tax Award letters and annual rent statements.
The next few weeks, starting from Tuesday 13 March, are the busiest of the year when it comes to phone calls and emails as bills and statements start dropping through the doors of everyone in the district. Over 44,000 Council Tax bills are going out, 5,000 benefit award letters and 4,000 rent statements during the next few weeks.
As ever our hard-working team is ready and prepared to assist with all the questions and queries these bills generate, so we’re also asking for support and patience from those that contact us.
- You can pay your bills quickly and easily online
- Questions that arise can usually be answered in just a few clicks online. Simply head to the following pages:
- You can read about the reasons why bills have gone up - even though North West Leicestershire’s part of the bill hasn’t.
- You can access your own Council Tax account and Benefits Claim online using ‘My Revenues and Benefits’- registration is quick and easy and you can view your bills, award letters and submit changes and queries directly online.
- Our phone lines will be busy and wait times will increase. Please be patient if you do need to speak to someone. Our busiest time are lunchtimes. If you can call towards the start or end of the day the waiting time is likely to be much lower
- Our customer services team will be working exceptionally hard to deal with the increased number of queries.
Thank you for your support.