Every year we need to set a balanced budget for the council’s activities.
We are inviting residents, tenants, businesses and other stakeholders to comment on our planned budgets, which includes:
- Freezing our element of council tax for the eleventh year running;
- Setting aside £1 million to reduce our carbon footprint;
- Increasing our rents to council tenants by up to 2.7%; and
- Spending £4.5 million to start building 40 new council houses.
You can comment on two surveys, as the council’s finances are split into two:
- The Housing Revenue Account is specifically for our landlord service (housing and office space), and shows how we spend the rent and service charges we receive from our tenants. Click here to access the Housing Revenue Account survey.
- The General Fund covers everything else we do, from collecting waste to promoting tourism in our district, and is funded by the council tax we receive from residents and business rates we receive from businesses, as well as other fees and charges. Click here to access the General Fund and Special Expenses survey.
We will keep these surveys open until midnight on Monday 3 February, and comments will be fed back to the councillors with responsibility for setting the budget on Tuesday 4 February 2020.
Last updated: Mon 13 January, 2020 @ 10:50