Combat Cancer Programme
Combat Cancer is targeted at individuals that are living with cancer (in treatment, remission, or recovery). Additional support for carers is also available.
Find out about research into exercise, diet, nutrition and cancer risk.
The programme offers:
- An individually assessed activity plan, to aid development of greater strength and resilience which can help with treatment and recovery.
- Relaxation therapies such as arm and hand massage, reflexology, yoga and tai chi.
- Mindfullness meditation sessions aimed at helping reduce stress.
Carers are welcome to take part in these activities if they wish and should discuss this with the instructor.
Activities and therapies will all be offered at a reduced rate following a free assessment and “taster sessions” of the activities available.
Joining the scheme is easy,
- By speaking to your hospital nurse or doctor,
- By speaking to your GP or other health professional
- You can refer yourself using the details below
- We can also accept referrals from carers or friends
When we receive your referral form or contact we will contact you to arrange your initial consultation..
The programme outline is now available in the information booklet, but sessions on other days and times may be possible so please discuss this with the instructor when they contact you.
For more information on the programme please contact Mark Elliott, Combat Cancer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01530 454606.
Combat Cancer is a rehabilitation scheme provided by North West Leicestershire District Council's Staying Healthy Partnership.
- Information booklet (PDF Document, 0.85 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 22 July, 2019 @ 11:30