In 2016 NWLDC undertook a Parking Strategy. Consultants were employed to look at the Councils parking provision throughout the District.
Following careful considerations many of the recommendations were presented to the Councils Cabinet on the 13th December 2016.
The summary short term actions proposed are as follows:-
- No parking price rises until 2020
- New Short Stay car park for Ashby
- Introduce Free after 3pm in Coalville
- Purchase of new Pay & Display machines
- Consider release of parking space in Coalville for regeneration (if required)
- Improved website, signage review and implementation
- Introduce new weekly and monthly tickets for Coalville
- Brook Street car park in Ashby to be limited to maximum 1 hour stay
- Discontinue of the Coalville Refund Scheme
- Develop Parish Parking Action Plans
Please find below a link to the full Parking Strategy and Cabinet report.
Parking strategy nwldc 2016 (PDF Document, 4.04 Mb)
Last updated: Tue 22 January, 2019 @ 09:34