Complete our online form to book a visit with one of our Pest Control Officers. We will then contact you to arrange an appointment, offer advice or discuss treatment options.
£56 will cover 1 visit (free to people receiving some benefits).
£28 call out fee will be charged if treatment is not needed.
£106 will cover 1 visit.
£53 call out fee will be charged if treatment is not needed.
Signs of Cluster Flies
- Cluster flies gather together in numbers usually in roof spaces and lofts.
- Females will deposit eggs loosely on and around damp soil, they will also lay them beneath dead and rotting leaves.
- As the weather turns cooler cluster flies search for shelter in nooks and crannies in houses and other buildings.
- In warmer weather they will become more active again and will be more noticeable.
- Large masses of flies can produce a sickly smell.
- They are usually seen in large groups and will often be noticed around sunny windows
- It is extremely difficult to prevent cluster flies entering a property.
- Insect light traps attract and capture pests in enclosed spaces.
- Fly proofing a building is not 100% effective. However, sealing cracks and crevices in exterior walls can help.
- Pay special attention to the south and west sides of your home, which provide the most warmth.
- Once the flies are inside lofts or roof space, control is relatively simple both with physical methods and a range of insecticides
- You can also use a vacuum cleaner to great effect, having once collected the flies up the sealed bag can be disposed of.
- Alternatively, or in addition, most household fly killing sprays will quickly kill exposed flies.
Last updated: Tue 22 January, 2019 @ 11:05