Complete our online form and one of our Pest Control Officers will be in touch to offer advice or discuss treatment options. If you woud like to arrange an appointment please call our Customer Service Team on 01530 454545.
£57.50 will cover 1 visit (free to people receiving some benefits).
£28.75 call out fee will be charged if treatment is not needed.
£109 will cover 1 visit.
£54.50 call out fee will be charged if treatment is not needed.
Signs of Cluster Flies
- Cluster flies gather together in numbers usually in roof spaces and lofts.
- Females will deposit eggs loosely on and around damp soil, they will also lay them beneath dead and rotting leaves.
- As the weather turns cooler cluster flies search for shelter in nooks and crannies in houses and other buildings.
- In warmer weather they will become more active again and will be more noticeable.
- Large masses of flies can produce a sickly smell.
- They are usually seen in large groups and will often be noticed around sunny windows
- It is extremely difficult to prevent cluster flies entering a property.
- Insect light traps attract and capture pests in enclosed spaces.
- Fly proofing a building is not 100% effective. However, sealing cracks and crevices in exterior walls can help.
- Pay special attention to the south and west sides of your home, which provide the most warmth.
- Once the flies are inside lofts or roof space, control is relatively simple both with physical methods and a range of insecticides
- You can also use a vacuum cleaner to great effect, having once collected the flies up the sealed bag can be disposed of.
- Alternatively, or in addition, most household fly killing sprays will quickly kill exposed flies.
Last updated: Wed 7 August, 2019 @ 13:28