Communities and Local Government Logo

To make the building process simpler, the Government has approved a number of 'competant person' schemes.

If you have certain work done by a contractor register with one of these schemes, then you don't have to get Building Control approval from us.

Traders who have joined a scheme can 'self certify' their work. Schemes cover everything from replacement windows, electrical installations, and new boilers, .

Find out more about the Government's list of Competent Person Schemes or download the guidance at the bottom of this page.

Share this page:

Last updated: Wed 30 August, 2017 @ 15:09