As part of our commitment to improve customer service, we have a Corporate Complaints Policy. We want to make sure your complaints we receive are dealt with fairly, honestly and quickly.
We want you to be able to tell us where our services or policies are failing - the more we know about your opinions, the quicker we can improve our services.
What is a complaint?
A formal complaint can be made when you believe:
- The service has let you down
- We have not done something we said we would do
- We did something wrong
- The service we provided was unfair.
What is not a complaint?
A request for service is not a complaint.
For example, if you want to complain about a noisy neighbour, we will treat it as a request for our service - because there are set procedures to follow.
Your request could become a complaint if we do not take the appropriate action, or we do something wrong.
How do I make a complaint?
We will accept complaints through any communication channel. We will treat your complaint seriously and professionally whether you write us a letter, telephone us, send an e-mail, tell one of us verbally or complete an online form.
For the complaint to go through our formal procedure, we will require your contact details.
We will need to contact you:
- If we need further information
- When we want to update you with the progress of your complaint
- When we have finished our investigation and need to provide you with a formal response.
What will happen after I have complained?
- Your complaint will be passed to the Customer Experience Team, who will monitor the progress of your complaint from start to finish
- You will receive a written acknowledgement within two working days of making your complaint
- Your complaint will be passed to the Manager of the department concerned to investigate
- We will keep you informed at all times of the progress of your complaint
- At 10 working day intervals we will send you a progress update letter
- When your complaint has been fully investigated we will send you a formal response. This will contain further details on how to raise your complaint to a Stage 2 should you wish.
What if I am not satisfied with your response?
What action will you take to make sure my problem is not experienced by others?
When we have finished our investigation, we will identify where our service failed. We will make any necessary changes to procedures to make sure our customers are not inconvenienced in the same way again.
While we make every effort to get things right first time, there are occasions when our services won't meet your expectations. We want to actively encourage complaints and feedback to help our services improve.
If you have been let down by a service, or we have not met your expectiations, please let us know as soon as you can so we can address any problems.
Last updated: Wed 2 October, 2019 @ 10:02