Skip to Content

How do I make a claim?

Please visit our dedicated Coronavirus page for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support as this gives important advice and information.

Please note that there are changes to the claim process at this time. We won’t be able to visit you to complete a form, and you won’t be able to collect a form or bring a completed claim form in.  We’ll also accept photocopied, scanned or photographed documents rather than originals. If you can’t copy your documents, please let us know.


You'll need to fill in a claim form and provide documents to support your claim.

If you claim Universal Credit, your rent costs will usually be included in that claim - you won't be able to get Housing Benefit as well. But you'll still need to fill in a form to claim help with your Council Tax.

We use a single form to cover Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support and Second Adult Rebate.

You can download one to print out. You'll need Adobe Reader to do this - if you need this software, please visit the Adobe website.

Claim form for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)

You can also telephone us or call in to Customer Services to request a form - or we can arrange to visit you at home to complete one with you.

When you have filled in your form, bring it to Customer Services or send your completed form and supporting documents to:

North West Leicestershire District Council
The Leicestershire Partnership
PO Box 10004
LE10 9EJ

Share this page:

Last updated: