The Gambling Act 2005 controls all gambling and lottery competitions (with the exception of the National Lottery and spread betting). Since the introduction of the Act, the Gambling Statement of Licensing 2022-2025 (PDF Document, 0.92 Mb) has assisted in promoting the three licensing objectives:

  1. To prevent crime and disorder
  2. To ensure gambling was conducted in a fair and open way
  3. To protect children and vulnerable persons from harm

You will need to apply for a licence if your business deals with any of the following gambling activities:  

As a Local Authority our Responsibilites are to:

  • Licence premises for gambling activities
  • Consider notices given for the temporary use of premises for gambling
  • Grant permits for gaming and gaming machines in clubs and miners’ welfare institutes
  • Regulate gaming and gaming machines in alcohol licensed premises
  • Grant permits to family entertainment centres for the use of certain lower stake gaming machines
  • Grant permits for prize gaming
  • Consider occasional use notices for betting at tracks

Apply for a Licence

Individuals and companies who intend to provide facilities for certain types of gambling must obtain a licence either from the Gambling Commission for:

Or from us for:

Last updated: Wed 20 December, 2023 @ 11:43