We operate a seven day a week Grounds Wardens Service across the parks.
Typically wardens are on duty from 7am to 5pm during the autumn and winter months and from 7am to 9pm during the summer.
The team is made up of five team members working varied shift patterns to ensure a presence on the parks throughout the year.
The grounds wardens have many responsibilities which include:
- Unlocking and locking of key sites
- Litter collection
- Graffiti removal
- Play area checks
- Setting up for sports fixtures
- Cleaning pavilions
- Gardening tasks
The Wardens are a first point of contact for members of the public to raise concerns and issues about the parks - anything from an incident of broken glass or vandalism to dog fouling.
We strive to maintain our parks and open spaces providing a pleasant, safe environment for children to play, for friends to socialise or to walk the dog.
We all enjoy the use of parks and open spaces - please help us to keep them looking nice and make everyone's visit enjoyable and memorable for the right reasons.
- Please pick up your litter - either take it home with you or place it in one of the many litter bins provided
- Collect up dog waste and dispose of it in the bins provided on site
- Please respect of your surroundings and other park users
- The only marks you should leave behind are your footprints.
If you see anyone abusing the facilities or causing damage please report it to a member of our team immediately or call our Customer Services Team on 01530 454545.
Last updated: Mon 13 November, 2017 @ 15:14