Leicestershire welfare provision
The District Council is working in partnership with Leicestershire County Council and Charity Link to provide essential items for those in need. Items we can support with include:
- Large kitchen appliances
- Medical and mobility equipment
To access the scheme you will need to be living in the District and be refferred by a support worker at the District Council, namely a Tenancy Support Worker or a Housing Advisor from the Housing Choices Team.
We can also support those in emergency need to access local food banks
Low cost furniture and goods
There are also a number of other options if you need low cost furniture, furnishings or goods including the REACT furniture re-use project in Coalville and local charity shops. Please see the links below for further options. If buying items via a classified advert please follow the advice on safe buying.
- React Furniture Project
- British Heart Foundation - furniture and electrical shops
- Preloved - classified adverts for second hand goods
- Freecycle Leicestershire - second hand items being offered for free
- Gumtree - classified adverts for second hand goods
- Charity Retail Association - find local charity shops
Last updated: Fri 12 January, 2018 @ 17:27