What is the scheme about?
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Let’s be COVID-safe together scheme and we encourage our businesses to apply.
At the moment we are welcoming applications from public houses, nightclubs, restaurants, cafes, takeaways, hairdressers, barbers, nail bars and tattooists.
We recognise that lockdown has had a major impact on our local businesses and consumer confidence has not yet fully returned.
The scheme is free and is designed to support our local businesses by helping them to provide reassurance to the public that they are following Government requirements and/or guidelines to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Our local businesses have already done a great deal to keep their customers and staff safe, however the public health emergency has not ended and we need to exercise caution in the months ahead.
The scheme will allow businesses to:
- Demonstrate that a business has assessed risks associated with COVID-19 and has put measures in place to reduce transmission giving customers more confidence in entering a premises
- Display a poster that gives a visible sign that highlights what the expectations are of customers and reinforces national messaging
- Has a feedback mechanism to allow customers to report businesses who are not abiding by the requirements of the scheme but displaying the poster
- Differentiates those businesses who are part of the scheme from those who are not
How do businesses apply?
To apply for the scheme simply complete the application form below:
Lets be COVID-safe together scheme standards (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
We will assess your application and let you know if you have been successful. If successful, you will be provided with a poster which can be displayed in a prominent position at your premises. We will also be communicating successes through social media and hold a public register on our website.
Note: Where the business is part of a national chain a risk assessment specific to the circumstances of the local business is required. This is because ventilation requirements will vary dependent upon the construction and layout of premises.
We very much hope that you are successful should you choose to apply.
- There is a feedback mechanism in the form of a QR Code on the poster to allow customers to report businesses who are not abiding by the requirements of the scheme but displaying the poster.
Businesses in the scheme:
Businesses in the Let's be COVID safe together scheme (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Fri 15 October, 2021 @ 09:52