The purpose of The North West Leicestershire Physical Activity team is to improve the health of residents by increasing physical activity opportunities.
The North West Leicestershire Physical Activity Team works in partnership with a number of services to provide a varied programme:
- Sure Start
- Age UK
- Living Without Abuse
- North West Leicestershire Local Sports Alliance
- Leicestershire and Rutland Sport
Programmes that we deliver:
- Steady Steps
- Specialist Interventions/Physical Activity Referral
- Purposeful Physical Play
- Childrens Activities
Why do we need to increase levels of physical activity?
The Active Peoples survey interviewed 350,000 people nationally in 2016, as part of this survey a number of things were highlighted.
- In North West Leicestershire only 34.7% took part in 1 session a week. For Leicestershire as a whole 39.2% are active which is an increase on previous years results.
- 54% of people living in North West Leicestershire took part in NO active participation during the last 28 days.
- In Leicestershire 37.8% of adults were classifield as overweight and 19.6% of adults were classes as obese (JSNA, 2016).
If you're interested in becoming more physically active please contact us on:
Chris Mawbey; Physical Activity Coordinator Via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01530 454785
Zara Barnes; Physical Activity Development Officer via email email@example.com or phone 01530 454606
Emily Rodbourne: Physical Activity Development Officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01530 454839
Rachel Hudson; Physical Activity Development Officer via email email@example.com or phone 01530 454558
Physical Activity Events 2018
For regular updates, follow us on :
Last updated: Mon 22 July, 2019 @ 11:21