Report an emergency out of hours repair by calling 01530 454789
We operate an emergency repair service outside normal working hours where a problem:
- Is life threatening
- Will cause injury
- Is a major threat to a residents security
- Will cause more than minor damage to the property.
Examples of emergency repairs
- Gas escape within the property
- A major roof leak
- A blocked toilet or drain affecting the only available toilet
- Total loss of electrical power or lighting circuits (caused by other than a power cut)
- An extensive leak to a main water supply pipe or a burst tank
- Total loss of heating or hot water in winter months (1st November – 30th April)
- Insecure windows, doors or door locks
- Lock changes following stolen keys (that have been reported to the police).
You should not use this service unless you are sure the repair cannot wait until the next working day.
You may be charged for the cost of the visit if we feel that the problem is:
- Not an emergency
- Caused by something which you may have done
- A faulty electrical appliance
- Or if the problem required a police crime number.
Other repair contacts
The following are not our responsibility and should be reported directly to:
- For gas leaks contact Transco on 0800 111 999
- For gas meters contact your supplier
- For water leaks in the road contact Severn Trent Water on 08457 500 500
- For street lighting and highways contact Leicestershire County Council on 0800 626203.
All of our workers, contractors, and officials carry identity cards which they will always show to any resident before entering their homes.
Cards have a telephone number to contact us - so you can confirm the employee is genuine.
Utility companies and other organisations also operate similar identity card or password systems.
If you have any doubt about the identity of anyone calling at you home, then call us or your local police straight away. DON'T LET ANYONE IN - if we're genuine, we won't mind, whatever the weather.
We, or the contractors working for us will:
- Help you identify the repair needed
- Tell you the maximum time we will take to complete the repair
- Offer you an appointment for all urgent and routine repairs at a time that is convenient to you
- Write to you by post and confirm details of your repair,as well as any appointment that we made for you
- Take care to protect your furnishings while doing repairs
- Tidy up mess and remove rubbish within two working days of finishing the repair
- Inspect ten per cent of all completed repairs to check the quality of work
- Monitor our performance and quality of service and publish performance figures
Last updated: Wed 15 November, 2017 @ 11:30