All pubs, restaurants, shops and other premises must have a Premise Licence from the relevant local authority to sell/supply alcohol, provide entertainment or late night refreshments.
To apply for a premise licence you must be:
- Anyone who uses or carries on a business in the premises to which the application relates
- A recognised club
- A charity
- A health service body
- A person who is registered under the Care Standards Act 2000 in relation to an independent hospital
- A chief police officer of a force in England and Wales
- Anyone discharging a statutory or function under Her Majesty's prerogative
- A person from an educational institute
- Any other permitted person
- 18 or over
Apply for a Premise Licence
To apply for a Premise Licence with us please complete the Premises Licence Application Form (PDF Document, 0.46 Mb) and pay the relevant Licensing Act Fees (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb). For help completing the form please refer to our Premises Licence Application Guidance (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb).
All applications go through an evaluation process with our Licensing Officers and the Police.
For those applications that require consultation with all responsible authorities please use the List of Responsible Authorities (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb) document. The 'master' application form and fee should be sent to Licensing Office, North West Leicestershire District Council, Council Offices,Whitwick Road,Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3FJ.
When applying for a new Premise Licence, or to vary an existing licence please read the Pool of Model Conditions (PDF Document, 0.38 Mb). This contains a list of conditions that may be appropriate to your licence. By applying them to your business model it will help you to be compliant with the four licensing objectives.
Make Changes to a Premise Licence
To change the name on a Premise Licence you must complete the following:
- Change the Licence Holder on a Premises Licence (PDF Document, 0.29 Mb)
- Consent to Transfer (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Transfer of Licence Police Information Form (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
To make minor amendements to your Premise Licence such as changing flooplans, small adjustments to licensing hours, adding additonal licensing acitivites and to remove out of date conditions you must submit an Application for Minor Variation to Premises or Club Premises Certificate (PDF Document, 0.26 Mb). You must also display a white Notice (Word Document, 0.1 Mb) at the premise for 10 working days (starting the day after the application is submitted). There is no requirement to send a copy of your application to any of the responsible authorities, although licensing officers may consult them if there is any doubt about the impact of the variation on the licensing objectives. Please refer to this guidance for more information and timescales.
To make any major changes to your Premise Licence such as increasing licensing hours, modifying the layout of the premises or adding/increasing the number of hours that alcohol is sold on site you must submit an Application to Vary a Premises Licence (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb) You must also display a blue Notice (Word Document, 0.1 Mb) at the premise for 28 consecutive days and advertise the application in a local newspaper once within 10 working days (starting the day after the application is submitted).
If there are any concerns with a premise then the responsible authority can complete an Application for the Review of a Premise Licence or Club Premise Licence Certificate (PDF Document, 0.21 Mb) and we will review the licence. Please refer to the Guide to Requesting a Review of a Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb) for help.
Please see below for other relevant documents:
- Statement of Licensing Policy 2014-19 (PDF Document, 0.87 Mb)
- Advice to applicants - advertising applications (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb
- Interim Authority Notice (Word Document, 0.38 Mb)
- Application for a Provisional Statement to be Granted (Word Document, 0.65 Mb)
- Notification of an Interest in Premises under Section 178 (Word Document, 0.33 Mb)
Last updated: Wed 12 September, 2018 @ 15:12