The application process is now open. Please note you need to make a new application for this grant.
The restart grant scheme is for businesses on the ratings list only, and is a one off payment.
The grant will be paid to the ratepayer who according to our records was responsible for the business rates on the 1 April 2021.
Only businesses that were trading (engaged in business activity) on 1 April 2021 will qualify.
There are two types of grants:
A non-essential retail business can be defined as a business that is used mainly or wholly for the purposes of retail sale or hire of goods or services by the public, where the primary purpose of products or services provided are not necessary to the health and well-being of the public.
The following grants will be paid:
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under will receive a payment of £2,667
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of £4,000
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over will receive a payment of £6,000
Hospitality, leisure, accommodation, gym and sports, personal care
The following business will be eligible:
- A hospitality business can be defined as a business whose main function is to provide a venue for the consumption and sale of food and drink
- A leisure business can be defined as a business that provides opportunities, experiences and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events and days and nights out
- An accommodation business can be defined as a business whose main lodging provision is used for holiday, travel and other purposes
- A gym and sport business can be defined as a commercial or non-profit establishment where physical exercise or training is conducted on an individual basis or group basis, using exercise equipment or open floor space with or without instruction, or where individual and group sporting, athletic and physical activities are participated in competitively or recreationally
- A personal care business can be defined as a business which provides a service, treatment or activity for the purposes of personal beauty, hair, grooming, body care and aesthetics, and wellbeing
The following grants will be paid:
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under will receive a payment of £8,000
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of £12,000
- Businesses with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over will receive a payment of £18,000
How to apply
Before applying, please make sure you have the following information available:
- The business rates property reference number
- A copy of a recent bank statement demonstrating trading from the account and showing the company name and bank account number you wish for the grant to be paid into. Payments can only be made into the liable business rates account holder's bank account. That is, if a limited company is liable for the business rates, the payment must go into the limited company's account
- Your limited company number (if applicable) / VAT number or national insurance number
- Evidence that you were trading on April 1 2021 (for example delivery note, invoice)
- Proof of occupation/intent to occupy (utility bill)
- ID (sole trader)/accounts (Ltd company)
Please ensure you select the appropriate Restart Grant relevant to your business:
Restart Grant One is for non-essential retail businesses and Restart Grant Two is for businesses providing hospitality, leisure, accommodation, gym and sports, personal care.
All applications must be made online.
Last updated: Wed 28 April, 2021 @ 10:37