‘Celebrating Outstanding Contributions to Sport and Health’
Our Winners for 2019
Primary School of the Year- Sponsored by: Everyone Active
- Ashby Willesley Primary School
- Whitwick Saint John the Baptist CE Primary School
- Sir John Moore Primary School
Secondary (High and Upper) School of the Year- Sponsored by: NWL School Sport Partnership
- Castle Rock High School
- Newbridge High School
- Ivanhoe High School
School Team of the Year- Sponsored by: Print Vision UK Ltd.
- Ashby School - Under 16’s Hockey
- Broom Leys Primary School - Girls' Football
- Griffydam Primary School – Mixed Football
Junior Sportsperson of the Year- Sponsored by: Everyone Active
- Ella Jackson
- William Hawkins
- George Clare
Junior Volunteer of the Year- Sponsored by: NWL Schools Sport Partnership
- Joe Dixon
- Neve McDermott
- Jack Warman
Junior Team of the Year- Sponsored by: NWL Local Sports Alliance
- Coalville RFC Under 14s
- Ashby Castle LTC 12&U Boys team
- Ibstock United Under 10 Pumas
Senior Sportsperson of the Year-Sponsored by: LRS
- Rebecca Elliot
- Stan Kirkland
- Ellie Craig
Senior Coach/Volunteer of the Year- Sponsored by: The Spring Board Centre
- Gareth Lavine
- Patrick Tyers
- David Hammond
Senior Team of the Year- Sponsored by: Everyone Active
- Heather St John’s Football Club – Men’s 1st Team
- Ashby Hockey Club – Ladies 1st Team
- Coalville Town Football Club – Men’s 1st Team
Disabled Sportsperson of the Year- Sponsored by: East Midlands Housing Group
- Karim Chan
- Riley Patterson
- Stephen Green
Club of the Year- Sponsored by: Simon Coope Karate
- Belton Villa Mini Kickers and Junior FC
- Castle Donington RUFC
- Ashby Netball Club
Healthy Lifestyle Award- Sponsored by: Staying Healthy Partnership
- Reema Bhakri
- Gary Smalley
- John Lyceet
Community Award- Sponsored by: NWLDC
- Enrych East Midlands
- Appleby Village FC - Lucy Moss
- Showtime and Sidekick Dance - Charlotte Tomlinson
Active Age Award- Sponsored by: NWL Local Sports Alliance
- Jenny Carter
- David Hagon
- David Fill
Outstanding Contribution to Sport and Physical Activity- Sponsored by: Julian Orme
- Rachel Bird
- Jeff Lander
- Andrew Roach
What are the Sports and Health Awards?
The annual NWLLSA Sports and Health Awards is a glamorous evening ceremony attended each year by over 500 local people. It is held to recognise and celebrate the outstanding contributions made by local people of all ages to sport, physical activity and health across North West Leicestershire.
The evening's procedures are hosted by the brilliant Ian Stringer, from Radio Leicester, and sees finalists from 15 award categories, plus schools who have achieved various levels of School Games Status, come up on stage to receive trophies and certificates in recognition of their fantastic achievements. Award winners are also then automatically nominated into the prestigious Leicester Mercury Sports Awards.
On the night an inspiring speech is also given by a local talented athlete, and dazzling entertainment from a local group lights up the stage at the half way interval. Refreshments are available all evening.
Why do we have the Sports and Health Awards?
Our mission, at the council, is to measurably improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in NWL, and to achieve this we want to support everyone to be physically active. The sport and health awards is a platform to share and celebrate the achievements and contributions local people are making to sport, physical activity and health right now, but also a means through which to inspire and empower others to join in.
When and where are the Sports and Health Awards?
The sports and health awards are delivered in partnership with Everyone Active and are held at Hermitage Leisure Centre in November.
How can I get involved with the Sports and Health Awards?
To be a part of our fantastic celebrations you can;
Nominate - If you think you know someone, a group or a club that deserves to win one of our awards and be recognised for their achievements, please nominate them. *Please note that nominations are no longer open.
- Sponsor the event - Would your organisation like to been seen by over 1,000 local people? Would your business like to be associated with supporting community health and wellbeing? Well take a look at a our sponsorship packages Sport and Health Awards Sponsorship Opportunities 2019 (PDF Document, 0.75 Mb)
- Join in the conversation - Join the buzz by following our Facebook page or Twitter page where all things Sports and Health Awards will be posted. Also join in using #ProudNWL #Activity4All
- Be there on the night - come and join us in celebrating our successes together at the ceremony
When do nominations open and close for the Sports and Health Awards?
Nominations for the awards normally open in June and close in October ahead of the ceremony in November.
How can I sponsor the Sports and Health Awards?
As part of this event we provide the opportunity for local businesses and organisations to get involved and get their company seen by over 1,000 possible customers.
By sponsoring this event your company will be associated with supporting local people to lead healthy active lifestyles and celebrating in community achievements. The event will expose your company name and logo to a large number of possible customers, with over 500 people attending the event, and online marketing reaching over 1,000 possible customers. Awareness of your company will be further raised through pre, during and post event marketing, including social media build up, photos, trophies and certificates, with portable advertising on the night also widening your reach.
Our packages start from just £200, and your organisation can choose to either sponsor an individual award or be our headline sponsor.
Please visit here to see a full breakdown of the sponsorship packages we have available Sport and Health Awards Sponsorship Opportunities 2019 (PDF Document, 0.75 Mb)
What are the categories for the Sports and Health Awards?
In 2019 there was 15 award categories. These are listed below, but if you would like to read more about each one, download our nominations form Sport and Health Awards 2019 Nominations Form (PDF Document, 0.94 Mb). *Please note that nominations are no longer open.
If you would like to see more pictures from the Sports and Health Awards 2019 please visit our Local Sports Alliance website.
- Primary School of the Year
- Secondary (High and Upper) School of the Year
- School Team of the Year
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Volunteer of the Year
- Junior Team of the Year
- Senior Sportsperson of the Year
- Senior Coach/Volunteer of the Year
- Senior Team of the Year
- Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Healthy Lifestyle Award
- Community Award
- Outstanding Contribution to Sport and Physical Activity
- Active Age Award
Any other questions?
If you would like any information or help around the Sports and Health Awards 2019, please contact: Emily Rodbourne on email@example.com or call on 01530 454755
Last updated: Wed 1 July, 2020 @ 12:44