On this page we've published how quickly we will respond to your request. For most issues we will respond within three days - but our team will make a risk based judgement to determine whether we need to respond faster.
- Vermin in food premises
- Food poisoning outbreak
- Case of suspected food poisoning
- Mouldy food complaint
- Any situation likely to result in an imminent risk to health
- Stray dog.
Within 24 hours
- Collection of a food complaint
- IUU Catch Certificates at East Midlands Airport
- Rat in a house
- Fatal accident
- Risk of serious personal injury
- Overflowing/blocked drains and private sewers.
Within three working days
- All other service requests.
Within five working days
- Confirmed cases of all other food related illness or communicable disease
- Determination of hackney carriage/private hire driver, vehicle and operator licence applications.
Within 14 days
- Following an inspection proprietors will receive a letter within 14 days. The letter will contain details of how to make representations to the Environmental Health Team Manager
- Respond to internal planning application consultations.
Within three weeks
- Determination of acupuncture, ear piercing, electrolysis and tattooing registration applications
- Determination of game dealers licence applications
- Respond to external planning application consultations.
Within four weeks
- Determination of animal boarding establishment, dog breeding establishment, dangerous wild animal, pet shop and riding establishment licence applications
- Respond as responsible authorities to premise licence applications.
Within five weeks
- Determination of small lottery registrations, amusements with prizes, house to house and street collection permit applications .
Within six weeks
- Determination of club premises certificate, premises and personal licence applications/variations
- Determination of applications for the renewal of sex establishment licences.
Within 10 weeks
- Determination of club premises certificate, premises and personal licence applications/variations that require a hearing
- Determination of hackney carriage/private hire driver, vehicle and operator licence applications that require a hearing
- Determination of small lottery registrations, amusements with prizes, house to house and street collection permit applications that require a hearing.
Within 12 weeks
- Determination of sex establishment licence applications
- Determination of applications for the renewal of sex establishment licences where objections are received.
The timescales for determination of applications come into effect once we're happy we've received all the necessary information to process the application.
All enforcement action will be taken in accordance with our enforcement policies.
Last updated: Mon 18 November, 2019 @ 13:01