Can I have other minor repairs carried out during a call?

The contractor can generally only do the work that has been ordered.

But if you have other repairs that are outstanding you should ask the contractor and depending on the nature of the job, they will try to complete that work wherever possible,

Please be aware that contractors also have other appointments with tenants that they must keep and do not always have the necessary equipment and materials to do other work.

For safety reasons some work can only be carried out by certain contractors, such as gas repairs that can only be done by Gas Safe registered plumbers.

Related Pages (5)

  • Repairs - council housing

    This page tells you about the North West Leicestershire District Council house repairs service and explains our responsibilities as the service provider, as well as your responsibilities as a tenant.

  • Solid fuel heating and servicing

    Information about solid fuel heating and servicing for our tenants

  • Help! My boiler's broken...

    What to do if your boiler fails if you're a tenant of North West Leicestershire District Council

  • Housing Planned Investment Programme 2010/2015

    This is the planned investment programme for the next five years based on wards.

  • Right to Repair

    Right to Repair is a scheme for council tenants. It will make sure that certain small urgent repairs which might affect your health, safety or security are done quickly and easily. A repair only qualifies if it costs less than £250.