Changes in your circumstances can affect your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, so you must tell us straight away if things change.

Report your change online 

Why you must report changes

For Housing Benefit claims, if you don't tell us within one month of the change, you may only get an increase in your benefit from when you tell us about it - so you could lose out on extra benefit.

But if you don't tell us about a change and you get too much benefit, you'll have to repay it and could be fined or taken to court.

What you have to tell us is different depending on whether you get Pension Credit or not.

Changes you must report if you get Pension Credit

Changes you must report if you don't get Pension Credit

Check with us if you're not sure which changes to tell us about.

Last updated: Mon 18 March, 2024 @ 14:19