How to claim

Claiming help with your rent

If you’re working age, you’ll need to claim Universal Credit to get help with your rent - unless you’re in one of these groups:

  • You’ve been placed in temporary accommodation by our Housing Choices Team
  • You live in supported accommodation
  • You get a severe disability premium as part of another benefit

Find out more by visiting the Universal Credit website.

If you’re pension age, you can claim Housing Benefit.

Claiming Council Tax Support

If you need help to pay your Council Tax, you’ll need to fill in a claim form - even if you claim Universal Credit.

Check your entitlement before you apply

Use a free, anonymous and independent benefit calculator on the website.

How do I make a claim?

Fill in a claim form and provide documents to support your claim. 

You can telephone us to ask for a paper form to be posted out to you, or make a claim online which is the quickest option.  The link will take you to the Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council website to complete the form as we work in partnership with them to deliver benefits services.

Our offices are currently closed due to coronavirus, so you won’t be able to collect a claim form or bring a completed form in.  We also won’t be able to visit you to complete a form.

We’ll accept photocopied, scanned or photographed documents rather than originals at the moment. If you can’t copy your documents, please let us know.

Apply online for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.

North West Leicestershire District Council works in partnership with Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council to deliver benefits services. The link will take you to the Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council website to complete the form. 

Share this page:

Last updated: Fri 30 October, 2020 @ 17:30