Frequently Asked Questions

Business and industry

Yes. The Street Trading legislation and the Licensing Act 2003 are independent pieces of law. As an example if you want to sell burgers in Coalville town centre after 11pm you will need a Street Trading consent and a Premises Licence authorising you to sell late night refreshment.

Street trading does not apply to trading on private land.

But if the van, stall barrow etc is situated on private land at the edge of the public road and sales are being made to pedestrians on the public highway, you will need a consent to trade.

As with any law there will be 'grey' areas and if you feel that your circumstances are different please contact the Licensing Office for a decision.

Showing 1 to 2 of 1