North West Leicestershire District Council (NWLDC) is committed to protecting the personal information we hold of people who use our services.
The Secretary of State for Health & Social Care has given notice under Regulation 3(4) of the Health Service Control of Patient Information Regulations 2002 that the Council is required to process and share necessary health and social care data for the following purposes:
- understanding Covid-19 and risks to public health, trends in Covid-19 and such risks, and controlling and preventing the spread of Covid-19 and such risks;
- identifying and understanding information about patients or potential patients with or at risk of Covid-19, information about incidents of patient exposure to Covid-19 and the management of patients with or at risk of Covid-19 including: locating, contacting, screening, flagging and monitoring such patients and collecting information about and providing services in relation to testing, diagnosis, self-isolation, fitness to work, treatment, medical and social interventions and recovery from Covid-19;
- understanding information about patient access to health services and adult social care services and the need for wider care of patients and vulnerable groups as a direct or indirect result of Covid-19 and the availability and capacity of those services or that care;
- monitoring and managing the response to Covid-19 by health and social care bodies and the Government including providing information to the public about Covid-19 and its effectiveness and information about capacity, medicines, equipment, supplies, services and the workforce within the health services and adult social care services;
- delivering services to patients, clinicians, the health services and adult social care services workforce and the public about and in connection with Covid-19, including the provision of information, fit notes and the provision of health care and adult social care services; and research and planning in relation to Covid-19.
You may have provided personal information to us for a specific reason and normally, we would notify you if your information was being used for a different purpose. However, due to the rapidly emerging situation regarding COVID-19, this will not always be possible.
If we already hold information regarding your vulnerability as defined in the current guidance from the Government and Public Health England, we may share this information with services both internal and/or external to us, for emergency planning purposes and/or to protect your vital interests.
We may need to ask you for personal information, including sensitive personal information that you have not already supplied - for example, your age or if you have any underlying illnesses or are vulnerable. This is so we can assist you and prioritise our services.
If we have information indicating that you are vulnerable, we may contact you to ensure your safety and to assist you where possible.
Our Corporate Privacy Notice contains more information on how we collect, use and protect personal data generally, as well as your rights as a data subject.
You can also check our website for the latest updates on ‘Covid-19’.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may modify this privacy notice at any time, but if we do so, we will notify you by publishing the changes on the www.nwleicestershire.gov.uk website. If we determine the changes are material, we will provide you with additional, prominent notice as is appropriate under the circumstances, such as via email or letter. This notice was last updated in May 2018.
Contacting us, Requests for information or Complaints
If you have any questions about this notice or how we collect your personal data, want to ask for a copy of your data, or you have a complaint about how we have used or looked after your data, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Email: email@example.com or in writing at:
Data Protection Officer
NWLDC Council Offices
If you are ever unhappy with how we have dealt with your complaint, you can then contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Office of the Information Commissioner
Last updated: Mon 15 June, 2020 @ 12:24