We need you to pay your rent on time. Without it, we can't maintain the many services our tenants rely on every day.
We want to make it as easy as possible to pay your rent - so we offer a range of payment methods, and help and advice for people with difficulties.
We will also help tenants obtain benefits they may be entitled to.
What does my rent include?
The rent you pay each week includes charges for basic rent - and for some properties it may also include charges for heating and communal rooms.
What do we use the money for?
The rent you pay goes towards providing many services including:
- An efficient repairs service
- Experienced and qualified employees
- Support officers to assist sheltered residents
- Housing officers to assist new and established tenants.
Ways to pay your rent
Help with rent
You should make a claim as soon as possible, as any delay may lose you money you are entitled to. Complete and return the form with proof of your identity and all of your income recorded on the form to the Housing Benefit department.
You need to continue to make payments while you're waiting for your claim to be processed. You can discuss the amount with your Housing Officer.
If you lose your job, or are off sick, contact the Housing Benefits section and the Department for Work and Pensions immediately.
Struggling to pay? Find out more about rent arrears
- Rent collection policy (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Claim form for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- Former tenant arrears policy (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Tenants Handbook - Paying the Rent (PDF Document, 0.11 Mb)
Last updated: Tue 13 February, 2018 @ 16:19