Is there a charge for repairs?

The vast majority of repairs are paid for out of the money we collect in rent.

You will be asked to pay for any repairs that have been caused by damage to, or misuse of your home caused by you, your family or friends.

However, the contractor will not ask you for any money when they call.

Your housing officer will be able to tell you more about what repairs you may be asked to pay for and how to pay.

You have the right to appeal if you don't agree with a decision to charge you for repairs.

Related Pages (5)

  • Repairs - council housing

    This page tells you about the North West Leicestershire District Council house repairs service and explains our responsibilities as the service provider, as well as your responsibilities as a tenant.

  • Solid fuel heating and servicing

    Information about solid fuel heating and servicing for our tenants

  • Help! My boiler's broken...

    What to do if your boiler fails if you're a tenant of North West Leicestershire District Council

  • Housing Planned Investment Programme 2010/2015

    This is the planned investment programme for the next five years based on wards.

  • Right to Repair

    Right to Repair is a scheme for council tenants. It will make sure that certain small urgent repairs which might affect your health, safety or security are done quickly and easily. A repair only qualifies if it costs less than £250.