North West Leicestershire is a great place to get out and about on your bike
- Ashby Woulds Heritage Trail
- Route 63 - Moria, Oakthorpe, Measham, Newton Burgoland, Ibstock
- Hicks Lodge National Forest Cycling Centre
- The Cloud Trail is a pleasant cycle route which runs from the village of Worthington and passes into Derbyshire, winding along the bank of the River Derwent into Derby City Centre.
- Route 15- Close by is East Midlands Airport and Donington Park Race Circuit,
HSBC Let's Ride for information on guided bike rides in North West Leicestershire.
- Route 52- part of a cycling network which connects the town centre with Stephenson College, the Community Hospital and outlying villages. Check out the map:Coalville cycle routes (PDF Document, 1.93 Mb).
- Route 6 - Osagthorpe, Worthington, Breendon on the Hill
- Route 15 - Belton, Diseworth
- National forest: Coalville rural (PDF Document, 4.48 Mb)
- Cylce routes around Coalville Town- two cycling routes that have been planned by a qualifed cycle leader around Snibston, Stephenson and Coalville town
- Route 63- Ellistown and Ibstock
- Snibston Colliery Park's mountain bike trail is 4km of jumps, bumps and berms that takes you twisting and turning through physically and technically demanding tracks on and around the original colliery spoil heap. The mountain bike trail is a blue grade route, suitable for intermediate cyclists or mountain bikers with basic off-road riding skills.
- Colliery Park also has a skills area where you can practice if you're not quite ready to tackle the trail
Cycle leader course
Do you enjoy cycling? Would you like to help others to enjoy cycling?
We are offering you the opportunity to gain a Level 1 Cycle Leader Qualification for FREE
All we require in return is 10 voluntary local cycle rides
Online Booking Link: www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/course/details/5881
Other useful resources/ pages:
Last updated: Wed 13 April, 2022 @ 10:32