Skip to content

The snowy and icy conditions are affecting some of our services and our customer services phone lines. Please bear with us. You can still report, request and pay for things online. For gritting enquiries, please contact Leicestershire County Council:

Roads, highways and pavements

The Highways Agency is responsible for the trunk road network in North West Leicestershire - the M1, A511, A50 and A42.

A similar service for other local roads and pathways is provided by Leicestershire County Council.

Reporting problems

Please don't call us if you see a problem - all we can do is re-direct you to Leicestershire County Council!

Call 0116 305 0001 to report:

  • Flooding - roadside drains (gulleys)
  • Pavements - including dangerous paving
  • Road potholes
  • Obstructions in the road
  • Oil or diesel spillage on the road
  • Mud or debris on the road
  • Missing drain or manhole covers
  • Problems with traffic lights.

Or visit the Leicestershire County Council website to find online forms for reporting problems with roads, such as potholes, road spillages etc, and issues with pavements:

Street lighting

Leicestershire County Council is responsible for street lighting - report a street lighting problem

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top