The Household Support Fund is provided by the Government to local authorities to support families with children and individuals most in need.
Applications for the Household Support Fund are open. We are making our way through the long list of applicants and are now adding names to the list once agin.
- Households with children - £20 per adult per week, £15 per child per week (for maximum of 2 weeks)
- Single households - £25 per week (for maximum of 2 weeks)
- Multiple adult households - £20 per adult per week (for maximum of 2 weeks)
- Family household - £98
- Single household - £56
Restrictions to the grant
The grant is not:
- Intended to cover payment of rent or other housing costs
- To be used for general advice on managing debt and/or finances
At this time only ONE application per household per funding round can be considered.
Full details on the support available and any restrictions availalbe in the Household Support Fund policy (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb).
We recognise that all households may be suffering hardship due to the cost of living crisis and we are looking to provide support from the Household Support Fund to any household that meets its criteria.
Families that have received Free School Meal (FSM) vouchers may also require support with fuel or other utility costs. Those who may be eligible might include:
- Families with vulnerable children aged 0-5 or that may not qualify for FSM that are known to social workers and Children and Family Wellbeing Service, but are not accessing FEEE
- Vulnerable families with or without children
- Clinically Extremely Vulnerable people
- Gypsy, traveller or show persons and other vehicle dwelling communities
Applications must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a resident of North West Leicestershire over 16 years old
- A family/household with or without children who are experiencing financial hardship, which means that they are struggling to feed their family, to heat their home, or with other household/utility costs etc
- Had their and/or their children’s identity verified by the professional submitting the application, for example, by using a form of photo ID (confirming the lead claimant’s identity) e.g., driving licence, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate.
- Had their pensionable age verified by the professional submitting the application, for example by using a form of photo ID (confirming the lead claimant’s identity) e.g., driving licence, passport, birth certificate.
- Had their proof of address verified by the professional (confirming their residence) e.g., benefits letter, bank statement, utility bill, Council Tax bill. If homeless confirmation that they are currently homeless in Leicestershire (from a professional)
- Eligibility confirmed by the suitable professional making the application. Evidence of financial hardship could include but is not limited to: difficulties and/or arrears due to inflationary energy costs those who have been made redundant and have not yet received universal credit, or other loss of household income.
The fund is run through Leicestershire County Council and you cannot contact them directly to apply. If you would like to make an application you would need to speak to us, contact customer services ....
Applications can also be made through schools, Citizens Advice and food banks.
Other forms of support through the Household Support Fund
Direct payments to vulnerable pensioners
A direct payment of £100 will be made to any eligible pensioner in receipt of pension credit. Customer Services can help with the application.
Food vouchers for families with pupils eligible for Free School meals
Vouchers will be provided to the parents/carers of all pupils who are eligible for FSM. These will be distributed through schools. Customer Services can help with the application.
Related Links (1)
Last updated: Thu 18 May, 2023 @ 16:19