Rent arrears

When a person leaves a council tenancy they become known as a 'former or late tenant'. If there are arrears at the end of the tenancy the Council will continue to pursue these. The council will discuss repayment terms with the tenant and could, if payment is not made, summons the former tenant to Court to get an Order for payment