How can we be sure homes will go to local people?

It is outlined in the section 106 agreement that any 'exception site' development must be kept for local people and this is legally binding to the Registered Provider and to us.

People will have to provide evidence of their connection to the parish to be entitled to live in one of the properties. 

If no one can be found from the main parish, there will be a list of neighbouring parishes that can be put forward as reserves.

Should a person with a local link with any of these be put forward, then they will be put forward. The list of reserve parishes are those adjoining parishes regardless of council area.