I currently run a burger van operation on a private industrial estate. Do I need a street trading consent?

Street trading does not apply to trading on private land.

But if the van, stall barrow etc is situated on private land at the edge of the public road and sales are being made to pedestrians on the public highway, you will need a consent to trade.

As with any law there will be 'grey' areas and if you feel that your circumstances are different please contact the Licensing Office for a decision.