By law, a landlord has to provide a rent book to somebody who pays rent weekly, unless the rent includes a substantial payment for meals. The rent book must contain:
- The name and address of the landlord and the landlord's agent if there is one
- The amount of rent to be paid
- Description of the property the rent is for.
- Private rented housing
Information about private rented housing in North West Leicestershire
- Rent deposit guarantee scheme
The rent deposit guarantee scheme is designed to assist people on benefits or a low income to afford the deposit and one month's rent in advance that most private landlords require. We know that it isn't easy trying to find this money. We may be able to help you. With the support of local private landlords North West Leicestershire District Council runs an interest free repayable Rent Deposit Scheme to help people with the initial costs.
- Find a privately rented home
A list of privately rented properties where the landlord is willing to consider tenants in receipt of housing benefit.