A wealth of talented artists live and work in North West Leicestershire - which is at the heart of the National Forest.
You’ll delight at the range of unique and beautiful items available in local craft centres and studios.
- A fine selection of art, jewellry and gifts can be found at the Ferrers Centre on the Staunton Harold estate near Ashby. The postcode is LE65 1RU and the website is www.ferrersgallery.co.uk
- Sable Studio and Sliksilver Jewellery workshops are one of a few shops at the Moira Furnace which is situated on Furnace Lane, Moira, DE12 6AT. See inforamtion at website www.moirafurnace.org.
- The Tarpey Gallery at Castle Donington for Contemporary Fine Art is at 77 High Street, Castle Donington DE74 2PQ.
- Based in Ashby de la Zouch the School of Sewing offers workshops suitable for sewers of all abilities, that will help you achieve the very best from your sewing. Workshops on dressmaking, fitting, tailoring and modern couture techniques are available.
- Every summer (Whitsun bank holiday weekend) Ashby de la Zouch hosts Ashby Arts Festival which features local artists, musicians, song writers, poets, performers and story tellers. The festival links amateurs and professionals, the commercial and the public sectors together through public displays of drama performances, street theatre, music, poetry, workshops, arts and photography competition. Many locations around the town host exhibitions, musical performances, workshops and talks. We have events aimed at all ages and all abilities so we are sure you will find something in our programme to interest you.
Last updated: Thu 19 April, 2018 @ 14:55