Your opinion matters
We aim to provide efficient and good quality services to all our customers, but on some occasions things can go wrong.
If you would like to make a comment, complaint or compliment please complete our online feedback form.
As part of our commitment to improve customer service, we follow our Complaints Procedure (PDF Document, 0.3 Mb).
We want you to be able to tell us where our services or policies are failing - the more we know about your opinions, the quicker we can improve our services.
What is a complaint?
Please use our complaints process if you think the Council has not:
- Provided the standard or quality of service promised
- Followed our own policies
- Responded promptly to your enquiry or request for service
- Treated you fairly
- Treated you with courtesy
What is not a complaint?
Sometimes the complaints process may not be the most suitable route for reporting a problem.
Firstly you should take the matter up with the team that provides the service. Let them know what you would like to be done to put things right. The staff will try their best to resolve the problem.
You can report many issues online including:
Your request could become a complaint if we do not take the appropriate action, or we do something wrong.
What will happen after I have complained?
- At Stage 1 your complaint will be passed to the Customer Experience Team, who will monitor the progress of your complaint
- You will receive a written acknowledgement within two working days of making your complaint
- Your complaint will be investigated fairly, honestly and timely by the relevant team leader/manager
- We aim to provide a response within 10 working days
- When your complaint has been fully investigated we will send you a formal response. This will contain further details on how to raise your complaint to a Stage 2 should you wish.
What if I am not satisfied with your response?
If you are not satisfied with our response from Stage 2 you can take your case to:
Last updated: Wed 4 December, 2019 @ 13:49