What if the information is incorrect?

You must write to the Council stating which information is incorrect and why, and ask for it to be corrected.

The Council must then tell you whether or not it has complied with your request within 21 days. If you are unhappy with the outcome of this you may then complain to the Council in writing and a review of the case will be undertaken by the Information Management Officer. You will be contacted with 15 days with the outcome of this review.
If you still feel the outcome of this is unsatisfactory, a complaint can be logged with the Information Commissioner.

Related Pages (4)

  • Requesting Information

    Data Protection, Freedom of Information information, Environmental Information Regulations and Re-use of Public Sector Information from North West Leicestershire District Council

  • How to make a Subject Access Request

    Under the Data Protection Act 2018, individuals have the right to make a request in writing for a copy of the information you hold about them on computer and in some manual filing systems. This is called a subject access request.

  • CCTV and Personal Information

    CCTV as covered by the Data Protection Act 2018.

  • Service Area Privacy Notices

    privacy notice service area department