First Contact is a partnership of services that work together to support you to live independently.
A wide range of public organisations, charities, voluntary groups and more are part of First Contact.
When you talk to any of us, we can ask you some simple questions, complete a checklist – and then make sure you get the help you need.
We’ll share what you tell us with the right organisations, who can then offer you assistance. This includes:
Health and wellbeing
- Fitting simple adaptations to your home to stop you from having a fall
- Offering you an emergency lifeline
- Telling you about local groups and activities
- Advice and support for carers
- Advising you about how to claim the benefits
- Helping you to manage your money and pay your bills
- Helping you to set up a bank account – and avoid the pay day lenders and loan sharks
Safety and security
- Having locks fixed on your windows and doors.
- Making sure you have smoke alarms that work
- Keeping your home warm
Find out more at www.leics.gov.uk/firstcontact
Want to remain in your home - but know help will be there in an emergency?
Then our lifeline service is for you. The system gives security and peace of mind - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - for just a small fee.
Last updated: Mon 26 February, 2018 @ 09:36