What is Safe & Well?
Safe & Well is an alarm response service that provides reassurance or assistance in an emergency at home.
Safe & Well operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - ensuring help is always at hand at the touch of a button.
“The Safe & Well service is invaluable. It gives me the reassurance that I never need to feel alone as there is always a friendly voice at the touch of a button” Mrs P – Safe & Well Customer
How does it work?
By pressing a button on a pendant, customers can call through a 'lifeline' alarm unit to a trained operator at our local Control Centre, at any time of the day or night.
The operator then takes the most appropriate action, whether it be contacting a family member, neighbour, responder or the emergency services.
The alarm unit works using your telephone landline. If you don't have one, we can provide an alarm unit which uses a SIM card instead.
Who is it for?
For anyone living within North West Leicestershire who would like to feel safer, more protected and more independent in their own home. It is especially beneficial for:
- Older or disabled people
- People with poor health
- People who have been discharged from hospital and need extra support and assistance at home
- People at risk of bogus callers
Support to match your needs
We offer a range of devices which can be linked to the alarm unit to provide a tailored support to suit your particular needs.
These devices can help you manage the risks to your health and home environment – 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year – enabling you to live independently for as long as possible.
Costing from as little as 81p per week, these devices include:
- Falls detector
- Smoke detector
- Flood detector
- Bogus Caller / Panic Button
- Bed/chair sensor
- Carbon Monoxide detector
Click to find out more about our Range of support products (PDF Document, 0.78 Mb)
Why choose Safe & Well?
- Rapid response – our trained operators take the right action to get you the help you need when you need it
- Excellent Customer Care - from a friendly and professional team
- Assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Tailored service – for a short period of time or longer depending on your needs
- Local Support you can trust – provided by and based at North West Leicestershire District Council
- No admin or installation charge
“My husband is unsteady on his feet and is prone to falling. If I have to go out, I’m confident that the Safe & Well service will quickly get him the help he needs” Mrs B - Safe & Well Customer
How much does it cost?
Prices start from as little as £4.19 per week
Right now it's absolutely free for the first 4 weeks!
To find out more please check out our Safe & Well service leaflet (PDF Document, 0.88 Mb)
or our Safe & Well FAQ sheet (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
Alternatively you can contact us by telephone or email (see the Contact box above)
Last updated: Tue 5 May, 2020 @ 16:19