The Safer North West Leicestershire Partnership brings together a number of agencies to reduce crime and disorder in North West Leicestershire
The partnership comprises a number of organisations including North West Leicestershire District Council, Leicestershire County Council, Leicestershire Police, Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service, the National Probation Service, local housing associations and others.
The partnership is chaired by Councillor Andrew Woodman, Portfolio holder for Communities at NWLDC.
Our purpose is to work together to protect North West Leicestershire’s residents, communities, businesses and visitors from crime and disorder which may cause them harm.
Every three years each community safety partnership is required by law to produce a strategy. The strategy identifies priorities and trends for the partnership to focus on and provides a framework for delivery. The key elements of the strategy are:
- To make our community safer for residents, communities, businesses, and visitors
- To support and protect all those who are vulnerable within our community
- To work in partnership to achieve better value in what we deliver to residents, communities, businesses, and visitors.
We also have some areas that the government designate as mandatory for us to address. These are:
- Reducing reoffending
- Substance misuse (such as drugs and alcohol).
Each year we conduct a strategic assessment into crime and disorder nationally, regionally, and locally, which outlines the activities it plans to deliver. The assessment helps us respond to emerging threats and to ensure the priorities are relevant. This year our priorities are:
- Priority 1 - To reduce violence in all its forms.
- Priority 2 - To tackle rural Crime together to support the rural economy.
The wide scope of the first Priority means it needs to be broken into smaller themes. We will deliver these through four working groups:
- Violence Reduction Network - Looking at longer-term prevention using public health modelling to address this, with a focus on young people.
- Domestic abuse - Dealing with both support for victims and prevention, this will also deliver against the Domestic Homicide Review (DHR) action plans.
- Night time economy (NTE) & violence against women and girls - Delivering the ‘Celebrate Safely’ work and the national ‘violence against women and girls’ strategy.
- Sexual violence - Understanding and prevention of sexual violence across the district.
These priorities were set on the 24 March 2022, following a consultation event held on 10 March 2022.
Related Documents (1)
- Safer North West Leicestershire Partnership Community Safety Plan 2020-2023 (PDF Document, 1.35 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 4 April, 2022 @ 15:53