As a student you can register at both your term time address as well as your home address - but you can't vote in more than one Constituency at a UK Parliamentary or European election.

You can vote in more than one local government election - provided your addresses are in different council areas.

Overseas electors

If you are a British national living abroad you can register to vote for up to 15 years from the date you were last registered in the UK.

You will need to complete an overseas elector form available from the 'About My Vote' website - see the related links at the bottom of the page.

Service personnel

As a member of HM Forces, you do not have to register annually as you may be posted away from your home address during the annual canvass. You will need to complete a service registration form from About My Vote - which will register you for three years.

You may also wish to consider nominating a proxy to vote on your behalf as you may be posted when an election is called.

Last updated: Mon 17 November, 2014 @ 10:34