If you want to keep animals, check if you need a licence first.
We issue licences for:
- Boarding Establishments
- Breeding Establishments
- Dangerous Wild Animals
- Home Boarding Establishments
- Performing Animals
- Pet Shops
- Riding Establishments
Should you need a licence please apply online here.
There are many different animal establishments and practices that are licensed by us. For more information please see the following lists:
- Licensed Animal Boarding Establishments (PDF Document, 0.43 Mb)
- Licensed Pet Shops (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
- Licensed Riding Establishments (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Licensed Home Boarding Establishments (PDF Document, 0.59 Mb)
All these establishments and licence holders must ensure they meet the welfare needs of the animal in their care as set out under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and Animal Welfare Regulations 2018 as well as other relevant legislation.
Read more about collection and kennelling of stray dogs.
Last updated: Fri 22 April, 2022 @ 14:56