If you want to keep animals, check if you need a licence first.
We issue licences for:
- Pet Shops
- Breeding Establishments
- Boarding Establishments
- Home Boarding Establishments
- Dangerous Wild Animals
- Riding Establishments
There are many different animal establishments and practices that are licensed by us.
- List of licenced boarding establisments Licenced Animal Boarding Establisments (PDF Document, 0.26 Mb)
- List of licenced pet shops Licenced Pet Shops (PDF Document, 0.26 Mb)
- List of Licenced riding establishments Licenced Riding Establishments. (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
- List of Licenced home boarding establishments Licenced Home Boarding Establishments (PDF Document, 0.34 Mb)
All these establishments and licence holders must ensure they meet the welfare needs of the animal in their care as set out under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 as well as other relevant legislation.
Read more about collection and kennelling of stray dogs.
If you wish to appeal your Animal Licence or request a revisit please complete the relevant form:
Last updated: Wed 19 September, 2018 @ 09:51