The welfare of an animal includes its physical and mental state and we consider that good animal welfare implies both fitness and a sense of well-being.
We believe that an animals welfare should be considered in terms of 'FIVE NEEDS':
- The need for a suitable environment
- The need for a suitable diet
- The need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns
- The need it has to be housed with, or apart from, other animals
- The need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease
The RSPCA has more information about dog ownership.
Last updated: Thu 8 August, 2019 @ 12:30